My spouse plus I were decorating our house for the Wintertide holiday season.
While she was arranging garland, candles, plus holiday knick-knacks, I was trying to find every strand of lights.
The only box I could find hastily was filled with the newer LED style lights that the people I was with and I tend to keep indoors plus use throughout our living room plus dining room. For outdoors, the people I was with and I instead gravitate towards the older incandescent style lights. Sure, they’re more discouraging to maintain plus to repair whenever a bulb goes out, despite the fact that I just prefer the way they glow in evening Wintertide snow. It could be nostalgia bias, since incandescent bulbs were all that was available when I was a young child, however they still are lovely in their own right. I found most of them while rummaging in the garage, however then I remembered I stashed some that I bought during an after holidays sale many years ago. I put them in the attic plus never took them down, with all of them still in their original packaging. When I ascended the small wood ladder into my cramped attic, I turned on the light plus looked into the expanse of dusty cobwebs, Heating plus A/C air duct, cross beams, plus ancient cardboard boxes. It took myself and others at least an second of twisting plus bending in narrow angles while trying to avoid stepping into ceiling insulation, in fixating on the insulation, I didn’t realize that I had stepped right into a section of flexible air duct, piercing it completely with my foot. The embarrassment I felt telling my spouse was overwhelming, despite the fact that she was understanding albeit still insistent that the people I was with and I make arrangements for ventilation repair as soon as possible. Thankfully, our worker is tied up to arrive tomorrow afternoon to repair the injured air duct.