How many homes in the country do not have air conditioning?

As long as I can remember, I have always had some form of A/C in my house. When I was a kid, my dad installed window air conditioners because we had no central air in our house. Having no central air conditioning was normal for the city that I grew up in as the building and houses were built before central air conditioning became a regular thing for residential homes. So today many of these older homes and buildings still have no central HVAC units. Many of the homes use a ductless mini split system or they rely on window A/Cs. There are millions of people who have no A/C in their home. In fact, only about 90% of the households in the country have some form of A/C. The other 10 percent, which is about 35,000,000 residents, have no form of air conditioning. There are some places that have beautiful weather, which means that having A/C is not necessary. A few of these cities exist on the west coast near the beach, where the temperature is pleasant all year long. I live in a tropical part of the country, so having A/C is something that is necessary for comfort inside my home. To be honest, I can’t imagine what it would be like to live with no A/C. Thanks to central A/C we have cool air as well as low indoor humidity during the warmer season. While not everyone in my state has central A/C or any form of cooling equipment, I can only assume that they find innovative ways to remain cool during the Summer.

Hybrid HVAC system